Fractured Humerus – Mesh Arm Sling
If you have fractured your Humerus, then our Mesh Arm Sling from Oppo Medical is a perfect support. The sling offers support and immobilization for mild strains and sprains within the shoulder area. Made from a net material it, therefore, provides greater comfort, especially for long-term use and is both light-weight and breathable. The sling helps to both the arm and shoulder in a neutral position. The shoulder strap is padded and adjustable, which ensures that the sling can is fitted perfectly. Within the mesh sling, there is a loop to hold the thumb in the correct position.
How to Wear
- Insert the arm into the mesh sling, with the thumb positioned in the thumb strap;
- Place the shoulder strap over the shoulder;
- Thread the hook end of the strap into the buckle.
- Adjust the shoulder strap length so that the elbow rests at approximately a 90° angle.
- To tighten fasten the hook and loop closure.
- Brachial nerve injury;
- Upper arm fracture;
- Shoulder subluxation/ dislocation;
- Post-surgical protection.
To determine the which size is suitable for your needs, measure the length of the forearm:
- Small – 23.5cm to 25.4cm;
- Medium – 25.4cm to 30.5cm;
- Large – 30.5cm to 35.6cm;
- X-Large – 35.5cm to 40.6cm.
Made from 92% Polyester and 8 % Nylon. Only available in the colour Blue.