Wrist & Thumb Support – MCP Joint Support
Stabilise the MCP Joint with our Wrist & Thumb Support by Oppo Medical. The support will stabilize the thumb, relieve pain and help the healing process.
Key features are a heat mouldable thermoplastic insert, which ensures a custom patient fit. The support will keep both the CMC and MCP joints in a neutral position. The Thermoplastic support stabilizes thumb. Also, the insert may be removed as healing progresses.
How to Wear the Oppo 1188 MCP Joint Support
- Should be fitted by a medical practitioner;
- Place the thermoplastic plate into the pocket;
- Pour hot water (about 75℃) into the pocket. Water temperature cannot be above 100℃;
- Pour out the water once the thermoplastic plate is mouldable;
- Mold the plate to achieve a custom fit;
- Wait until it becomes stiff and then dry with a cloth;
- To customize the fit further adjust the Velcro strap;
- Available in 3 lengths and 4 sizes.
- Ulnar/radial collateral ligament injury;
- DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis;
- MCP or CMC joint dislocation;
- Gamekeeper’s thumb.
- 70% Neoprene;
- 30 % Nylon;
- Thermoplastic – 100% Polypropylene.
Available in Black only.
Available for both right or left hands.
To determine the correct size measure the circumference of your wrist:
- Small – 14cm to 15.9 cm;
- Medium – 15.9cm to 18.4cm;
- Large – 18.4cm to 21cm;
- X-Large – 23.5cm to 26cm
Available in 3 lengths (the length is from your wrist up to your forearm):
- 14 cm;
- 16.5 cm; also
- 21 cm.